Why We Love Marketing Automation (and You Should Too)
It’s hard to imagine life without marketing automation…unless you haven’t yet taken the plunge. Yes, it’s an investment, but that investment will be so worth it when the program you choose solves your own pain-points. That’s right. Forget your customers’ pain points for just a minute and let’s shine the spotlight on some of yours:
- You haven’t had time to take a fresh stab at keyword research.
- You aren’t really sure how people are finding you anymore.
- Using data and analytics sounds great in theory but you haven’t figured out how to isolate the data, let alone interpret it.
- The leads coming in are pretty weak (or they aren’t coming in at all).
- You’re spending more time with those at the top of the sales funnel and worry you aren’t getting to the ones in the middle and/or the bottom.
- Competitors seem to be poaching your great leads after you’ve exhausted your abilities to nurture them.
- The sales and marketing team are never on the same page or, worse, they appear to hate each other’s guts.
Do any of these sound familiar? Of course they do, or you wouldn’t be reading this post. Without marketing automation, it’s impossible to do everything you need to do in order to capture the right leads, nurture them through the sales funnel and continue developing and tweaking content creation and social media campaigns to specific target markets. That’s why you’ll love marketing automation – it does it all (or a good portion of it) for you.
3 Reasons it’s Easy to Love Marketing Automation
- It gives you one place to go to get everything you need. Without marketing automation, you are spending way too much time all over the place, trying to assemble the information you need to develop high-quality content. You’re on Google AdWords to do some research or refresh your memory on what’s trending, you’re actively posting on dozens of social media accounts, you’re racking your brains trying to come up with new blog topics….and then there are the leads you need to respond to, old leads you want to touch base with and a million other things that have nothing to do with your actual products and services. When do you have time to run your business?That’s Reason #1 for why you’ll love marketing automation. It does much of that work for you, or allows you to organize it all in a single, easy-to-manage platform. Be careful before investing in some of the most well-known companies. There are plenty of smaller marketing automation options that offer equally awesome products at a fraction of the price. One of our favorite is SharpSpring; their services meet the needs of small businesses so you get to actually use all the bells and whistles without feeling like there are tons of tools you don’t need (but are paying for!) and are going to waste.
- The keyword tool. Oh my gosh, you will love keyword tools. Marketing Automation software programs have Google AdWords technology embedded right into your system so you can do all your keyword researching in one place. You can see how you’re ranking, how many searches happen per month, the competition levels, how your competitors rank, etc. It’s pretty amazing and can really help your content creation team hone in on the terms and phrases visitors and customers are using to find you, which further improves your ability to target your content more accurately and will provide more creative blog fodder.
- Nurture, Nurture, Nurture. Don’t you wish someone else had the time to nurture your leads according to their wishes and keep up with it all on a regular basis? With marketing automation, you can. You can set up your system to automatically generate targeted responses and communication, a surefire way to keep in touch with prospects that may have seemed to bow out but were simply taking a long time to decide. Automatic lead nurturing can be the difference between finally making that sale or letting a seemingly cold lead wander into a competitor’s trap.
There is no doubt that marketing automation has revolutionized our abilities to provide customers with instant and accurately targeted information, fast customer service, the level of attention they desire and the CTAs and landing pages that compel them through to close the deal. We recommend taking advantage of free trials and making your small business marketing life a whole lot easier.
Written by David Kaufer
David Kaufer is Founding Partner and Chief Dynamic Office in Kaufer DMC. He’s also a huge Oregon Ducks & Microbrew nut, Dad of awesome 8 year-old twin boys, husband, and big Sustainability and Autism advocate.