Kaufer DMC is looking for a Marketing Intern!
As you should know by now, Kaufer DMC is a Seattle-based digital marketing agency working on some really cool and fun projects. We are a leading provider of Inbound, Internet and mobile marketing solutions for a variety of clients and industries. Our services include content creation, inbound lead generation, website design and development, search engine optimization, pay-per-click marketing, Web 2.0 solutions such as blogs, online videos, and social media optimization. Our clients include companies and organizations in healthcare, cable, consumer, legal and digital industries. We offer a great working environment with tremendous opportunity to learn and grow. The company is growing rapidly and our new open positions are a result of our anticipated growth.
And we’ve decided its time to add a marketing intern to our team. Are you interested? Check out the description below and if you think you’d be a good fit, send us an email or ping us on Social Media!
We’re looking to hire a professional who has demonstrated success in one or more of the following areas:
Content Creation: Have you blogged or worked at an agency creating content for a variety of companies? Do you love to write?
Analytics: You don’t need to be an Excel junkie, but you should have a working knowledge of Google Analytics, know what questions to ask and be comfortable doing some basic tracking and ratios using tools.
Digital: Do you understand how the Internet works and how businesses can leverage it? Do you use the web for personal reasons and have accounts on popular social networking sites like Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter?
Social Media: Ideally, we’d like someone who has experience working in social media for a brand/organization (it’s OK – it doesn’t have to be a big company, just something other than a personal account).
• Write blog posts related to marketing, social media, mobile marketing and related industries
• Write/post social media updates (showcasing content created and curated)
• Curate interesting/relevant content that can be used/showcased on social media channels (or can be turned into quick blog posts).
• Increase engagement/interaction on social media channels with key/relevant audiences (in other words, don’t just post articles – find posts/people to respond to, spark conversations, etc.)
• Track social media metrics (followers/fans/interactions)
• Social Media: create/manage social media calendars, assist in campaign development and account coordination
• Help create/manage Facebook advertising, local listings (as needed) on sites such as Yelp, Foursqure and Google Places
• Hubspot marketing software – help research keywords and competitor analysis; track/manage analytics and lead nurturing campaigns
• Monitor online campaigns regularly and make recommendations to improve performance (pageviews, traffic and ROI) and increase conversions (number of people who click for more info, etc.)
• Other duties as needed and assigned
• Current student studying communications, journalism or related field OR recent BA or BS graduate from an accredited college or university
• Basic functional knowledge of Social Media Marketing, Public Relations or Inbound Lead Generation
• Solid writing and social media experience
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Insatiable desire to learn and stay current with online marketing trends
• Strong time management skills
• Excellent verbal / written communication skills
• Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize multiple tasks with changing priorities
• Possess a sense of urgency with the ability to make timely and sound decisions under pressure
Note: this will be a paid internship and we anticipate between 10-20 hours per week. You will need transportation to work in our Seattle office (days/hours can be negotiable based on your schedule).