How Strong Content and Inbound Marketing Boosts SEO And Attracts Customers
“A seriously executed content marketing strategy can be responsible for 25 times more business leads and boosts your revenue by up to 40 percent!” –Curata
According to the Content Marketing Institute, as of 2014, 93% of B2B marketers use content marketing, which is a 2% increase over 2012. The most effective B2B marketers believe blogs are the most powerful content marketing tactic. According to DemandMetric, 78% of CMOs believe custom content is the future of marketing. Finally, according to Altimeter, 57% of marketers report custom content is their top marketing priority for 2014. Joe Pulizzi of CMI defines content curation as “editing on steroids”. Act as an editor and sift through the mountains of information on the Internet to find material that is not only worthy of sharing with your targeted audience, but reinforces your branding as well.
In real estate, the most important marketing element to remember is location, location, location. In the real estate that is Internet inbound marketing, the most important element is content, content, content. So where do you get cutting edge content for your website? You can write it (or hire someone internally or externally to write it for you) or you can curate it. Constantly coming up with fresh informative content can be exhausting. Culling it only from what is already out on the Internet can come across as flat and autonomous. Blending the two with some smart inbound marketing tools can drive customers to your site.
Strong content is the absolute core of any inbound marketing strategy. It is the tool or the information that attracts prospective customers to your site. Your niche and brand is what sets you apart from other businesses that offer the same product or service that you do. Creating original content that explains, discusses, or illustrates that niche is what defines you as a thought leader in your industry.
Strong inbound marketing content comes in a variety of packages:
- Blogging—One of the easiest ways to jumpstart your content marketing program. It is a cost-effective means to launch original content that creates buzz and draws thousands of people to your business. According to web marketing guru, Dragan Mestrovic, companies that blog get 55 percent more traffic, 97 percent more inbound links, 25 times more leads, and more than five times as many pages indexed in search engines.
- Videos—With over 2 billion videos being watched every day, YouTube has emerged as a way to broadcast commercials without paying for advertising on TV. As an added value, the viewer is already interested enough to download your video to watch it.
- E-books—A tool to offer information and give the reader an opt-in option to receive more information or newsletters. As another source to replace print ads, a free e-book could offer a link to buy another e-book or product.
- White Papers—Offer information and research to illustrate why a particular product or service is beneficial and then links and/or provides information on how to reach you as the best provider of the service.
- Social Media—Use it to curate information to link to your blog, website, or e-book as well as a means to distribute your content. Social media sites like Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook charge nothing to set up an account and post information.
Strong content and inbound marketing by themselves do not automatically optimize search engine results. You can have the greatest content in the world, but without a marketing plan to make sure potential customers actually see it, your content is worthless. Build your site and create your cutting edge content to maximize your inbound marketing rank in search engines.
Written by David Kaufer
David Kaufer is Founding Partner and Chief Dynamic Office in Kaufer DMC. He’s also a huge Oregon Ducks & Microbrew nut, Dad of awesome 8 year-old twin boys, husband, and big Sustainability and Autism advocate.