6 Mobile Marketing Hacks You Won’t Want to Miss
Once upon a time, we went door to door to talk up our face creams and vacuums. It was exhausting and we had to wear plaid suits and nobody had fun.
Today, mobile marketing has put the power in the palms of our hands, literally, and we don’t even have to wear pants. Here are 6 mobile marketing hacks that will help you achieve worldwide success without setting foot near anyone’s welcome mat.
Keep it Original
People are coming to your blog, checking out your social media page, and subscribing to your email list because they’re interested in what you have to say, not because they want to see what you found on the internet and decided to redistribute. A little curation is fine; acting like a content aggregator instead of embracing and sharing your POV is not.
Some 65 percent of the world’s population are classified as visual learners, meaning they’re better able to understand and retain information presented in a visual way. That very well may explain the 800 percent jump in the popularity of infographics, but there’s another, less scientific possibility: would you rather sift through a giant block of text looking for interesting data or take a quick look at this infographic about social media management which is both easy-to-read and pretty darn nice to look at?
Personal Your SMS
Using text for business might seem scary at first, but it’s actually quite simple:
- Step One: Encourage your customers to subscribe to your SMS list
- Step Two: Partner up with a great SMS management system (Textpedite has killer features) to help you organize everything from your sign-ups to your auto responders
- Step Three: Create a great promotion or gear up for your product launch and announce it via a carefully crafted mass SMS message
Send with Care
Whether it’s email, text, social media, or just your branded blog, whatever you’re dishing out to customers better be good. No one likes to get “treated” to content that’s the complete opposite of what they were expecting, so if you’re a construction company, don’t send out Tweets about your passion project making artisan jam.
Treat Email and Text Like Two Halves of a Whole
Email and text can feel like two different languages, so it’s understandably tempting to want to pick one or the other and put all our effort into one type of customer communication. In reality, each method has something worthwhile to offer and in the end, there are benefits to using text and email together.
- Length: At just 160 characters, text is short and to-the-point, making it ideal for quick missives that ensure links and promo codes don’t get lost. Email’s considerably longer format allows you to expand on your brand’s messages and incorporate different types of content.
- Reception: Many texts are opened in mere minutes while emails may not be opened for days, if ever, but emails are easier to search if you’re looking for info weeks or even months down the road.
- Partners in Crime: Sending a text to remind someone about important information in a recently sent email or emailing a customer to encourage them to sign up for your SMS list is just plain ingenious.
Don’t Count Out QR Codes
It seems like QR codes disappeared almost as quickly as they arrived, but dismissing them altogether would be a mistake. Yes, they can be confusing, but that’s only because we made the mistake of assuming people knew what they were.
Put a QR code in your ad and include a blurb explaining what it is and how consumers can use it. The mere act of learning something new and technologically interesting may attract an audience. Just do yourself a favor and don’t put QR codes on the side of taxi cabs or on billboards were they’re only accessible to people who are faster than a speeding bullet and able to leap tall buildings in a single bound.
A great mobile marketing plan truly influence your company’s fate. Scared? Don’t be. You have all the tips above and you’re making the time to learn and that, friends, is more than half the battle.
Sophorn is the marketing guy at Trumpia, a mobile content delivery service that allows users to customize their one-to-one marketing efforts by interconnecting and optimizing all digital platforms. As an innovator in two-way SMS/MMS marketing, Trumpia’s mission is to empower brands and public figures with interactive access to their audiences, reaching targeted affinity groups in a personal way. Trumpia delivers world-class content such as video, ticketing, polling, products sales, contests and giveaways.
- Jumpstart your business by grabbing your free copy of his powerful Mobile Marketing Success Kit.
- Watch Trumpia’s 5-Minute Demo on how to execute an effective mobile marketing strategy.