10 Signs You Should Invest In Marketing Automation Software
There are a lot of rules to follow when playing the digital marketing game: keywords, CTAs, email marketing, content creation, landing pages, analytics, and it continues – ad nauseam, really. It’s impossible to do everything you need to do on your own. That’s why savvy digital marketing tech gurus created marketing automation software that handles a tremendous amount of it for you.
Yes, automated marketing is an investment but as long as you choose the right marketing automation software for your company and its goals, your investment will definitely pay off – in spades.
10 Signs You Should Invest in Marketing Automation
- You’re thinking about marketing automation. This first reason may seem trite but it’s probably the most valuable sign of all. You’re a small business owner and nobody understands the phrase, “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it,” better than you. If your “system” was working for you, most likely your thoughts wouldn’t be turned in this direction. This is the whisper that will grow into a proverbial roar because the longer you wait, the greater your need for marketing automation will become.
- You can list 3 or more former leads who now work with a competitor. Gah! Isn’t that so frustrating? You were so tactful, you only called to check in every once in a while and felt you had a great rapport with Lead X. After 5 months, you realized it was a dead-end. In month seven, you find out they finally purchased similar services/products – – from your competitor. What the heck? Automated lead nurturing would never have allowed that to happen.
- The right prospects never come along. This is a sure sign that you are on the right track, but need to do some tweaking. Your one-size-fits-all strategies are probably the culprit. Using the analytics data available from automated marketing programs will help you hone in on more specific target markets so your content will be more appropriate (and specific) to their needs.
- You would have it right now if it wasn’t so expensive. Some marketing automation companies are designed for the big ‘uns, others are more tailored to the needs of those who are Medium-ish or smaller. Unfortunately, most of those “Top 5 Marketing Automation” lists only include the big guys, like HubSpot or SalesForce. Both services are amazing but even their bottom-tier prices can be hefty bill and they may offer more than you need. Why not opt for one of the smaller companies, like SharpSpring? Their services are affordable and they contain all the great features of the big guys. It’s a great way to break into the world of marketing automation and you won’t be confused by superfluous stuff you don’t use anyway.
- Your Sales and Marketing Team Haven’t Spoken in Months. Oops! This is a problem, people. Notice the AND in Sales AND Marketing. These two are a team. They need to go together like peas and carrots. When sales and marketing teams are in sync, the leads go from “Click Here” to “Sold” in a much shorter span of time. Marketing automation will assign “Lead Scores” so you have a better idea of which leads are ready to meet the sales team and which ones need a little more nurturing.
- You wish you had leads to nurture at all. Is your website out there casting a net that always comes back empty? Your CTAs and Landing Pages may not be doing their job or the content might not be tailored to your target markets. Marketing automation software should provide you with great form creation tools that will help you design compelling offers and informative content that get your visitors to engage with you. The buttons and forms you design are critical to your lead generation abilities.
- You’re spending too much time building your marketing campaigns. Does it feel like you’re reinventing the wheel every time you or your marketing team creates a new campaign? Your marketing automation software will store the data you need – and can help you to manipulate it – so your campaign development process grows ever more efficient. Plus, lead-nurturing features can send automatic communications triggered by prospect actions, which saves you the time it takes to do it all manually.
- You think Conversion Rates applies to cooking measurements. When you hire a digital marketing firm to lend a helping hand, one of the first things they’ll want to know is what your conversion rates from landing pages and CTAs are. These numbers are crucial to your marketing evolution. Marketing automation will keep you abreast of every number you need to know so you can tweak and test your CTAs and Landing Pages accordingly.
- You can’t tell us about your leads. So, you have 2000 leads this month. That’s awesome, but what can you tell us about them? Can you tell us who has a Facebook page and who’s on Twitter? Which ones want to be contacted by phone rather than email? Who has subscribed to your blog and/or newsletter? Smart Lists would allow you to answer all those questions in a snap.
- You never know what to write about. Holy cow! Blog writing is not for the faint of heart. How many times can you write about the same services/products, right? Wrong! Your marketing automation software is super smart, and that keyword tool can be manipulated to show you who’s searching for what on your pages, which will yield fresh and new twists on old blog topics. And, no, it won’t write the blog for you…yet.
What are some of your favorite marketing automation programs that are affordable, easy-to-use and have revolutionized your digital marketing world? Share them with us, please!